Shop Local:Think Monument First
Monument encourages those who live and work in Monument to make a conscious effort to shop here, empowering our community to help itself. Every taxable dollar spent in Monument benefits important services like police and fire, street maintenance, street lights and parks. Sales tax generated from Monument transactions stays in Monument and contributes to the quality of life you enjoy. List of local businesses
WHY SHOPPING LOCAL MATTERS
Do you ever wonder why where you shop matters? When we make a conscious decision to shop in Monument we are saying YES to a strong, vibrant, local economy.
Here is what happens when you choose to shop locally in Monument:
- Your Environmental Impact Is Reduced - Locally owned businesses make more local purchase requiring less transportation, and set up shop in town which generally means less sprawl, congestion, habitat loss, and pollution.
- Community Groups Receive More Support - Local businesses donate more per sales dollar to local schools, non-profits, events, and teams compared to national chains.
- Investment In The Community Grows - Local businesses are owned by your friends and neighbors who live in Monument, are less likely to leave, and are more invested in the community’s future.
- You Have A Better Selection Of Goods - Small businesses, that select products based not on a national sales plan, but on their own interests and the needs of their local customers, guarantees a much broader range of product choices and price.
- It Keeps Monument Unique - One-of-a-kind businesses are an integral part of the distinct character and helps keep that "Small Town Feel". It’s what distinguishes Monument from other towns and cities with mostly chain stores that looks the same.
- You Get Better Service - Local businesses often hire people with a better understanding of the products they are selling and who take more time to get to know customers.
- More Local Businesses And Jobs Are Created - Small local businesses are the largest employer nationally, and provide the most jobs to residents. Let’s encourage more start-ups!
- Public Services Are Better - Local businesses mean a stronger tax base and better public services like schools, transportation, and emergency response for you and your family.
- You Help Encourage Local Prosperity - Entrepreneurs and skilled workers are more likely to invest and settle in communities that promote their one-of-a-kind businesses and distinctive character. This also means a better use of community space.
Be a local – think local first and buy local when you can!